Nowadays with all the sugar and additives in all the foods we eat it is pretty hard to give our family healthy options. So, the best option for my family is to do it the all old fashion way, and do make it myself.
That is when I started to made our own jams and sauces.
One of my favorites is apple sauce, because I can use throughout the whole day, like at breakfast for pancake topping, to spread on bread, or to mix into oatmeal. For dinner or lunch, it can be part of a light meal by mixing it into a salad.
As an Amazon Associate and Affiliate of some other amazing brands and affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For more details click here
The first thing I recommend to do is find the cheapest organic products, because the organic options tend to be a little more expensive. I found all the ingredients at my local big box store. However, if you are lucky and have farmer’s markets nearby you can get them at even better prices, or get them from your own yard. The best option, guaranteed!!!
I want to share my recipe with you. So, if you would like to make your own healthy and delicious apple sauce, then Let’s Get Started!
- 6 medium sized apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Wash, peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium flame for 20 minutes or when the apples are soft enough to mash with a spoon.
- Remove the sauce pan from the flame and let it cool.
- Pour the mixture into a blender.
- Blend on your first 3 blending levels, stop and stir occasionally between levels.
- Pour the sauce in a jar and refrigerate.
- Serve warm or cold.
For the best freshness, store in the refrigerator for no more that 5 days.
Share your comments if you try it and let me know how it goes.
If you have another recipe that you would like to share with me, write me below 😀 I love all homemade and organic food.
Tons of hugs,
Nerys del Carmen